Monday, January 4, 2016

What I'm Reading: The Sin Eater's Daughter

Book Review: The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury


First off, I will say how much I love the cover to this book. So awesome. So cool. So colourful. Take a look, then you will understand.



I also loved the premise of this book. At first, it seemed to hold so much promise. But very quickly, I was lost in the boring, slow moving, self-serving backstory. To put it bluntly, the first five chapters were painful, but I held on because I was very intrigued with the idea that someone's touch could me death.

After the first five chapters, the story picked up, as it moved away from all the exposition, at least for a little while. There were a few twists and turns I'm still not sure I liked, and a triangle that didn't quite form. It is difficult to rate this book because as I said, I loved the premise, but it just wasn't carried off near as well as it could have been. Editor fail, I think. However, I'm sure part of this is just preference, and it didn't move along quickly enough for me. Though there were points where things seemed to just jump ahead (maybe a few too many epiphanies for the MC).

Overall, I'd give it a 2/5. I did get to the end, but at times it was precarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment