Saturday, January 9, 2016

What I'm Reading: The Selection

Book Review: The Selection by Kiera Cass


When I began this book, I thought I would maybe find it a bit predictable and boring and cheesy. And maybe it was at first. But then I got into it. I had my peeves with the main character, namely, I felt at times that she was a bit "holier-than-thou", I mean, honestly, who wouldn't want a shot at being a princess, but I think we managed to work through our differences. 


The Selection is like The Hunger Games if The Hunger Games had no violence and had taken place in the capitol and involved a prince... The writing is good, the story okay, but I definitely prefer The Hunger Games - that trilogy is one of my favourites (though I don't really like the movies)

The Selection definitely picked up about halfway through, when the love story really got going - and I'm definitely a sucker for a love story. By the end I wanted to know how the love story would end, but ran out of book. 

So will I read the next book? Most probably. However, there is a 22 week wait for it with the library! Yikes! Guess I'm not the only one who enjoyed this story!

Solid 4/5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment