Saturday, November 21, 2015

What I'm Reading Saturday: Extraordinary Means

Book Review: Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider

First, this book is a bit of an odd sort. It's realistic fiction with a slight science fiction twist, or maybe a hint of a dystopian future, but mostly it's about the characters.


This book revolves around two teens, Lane and Sadie, who have been diagnosed with Totally Drug Resistant Tuberculosis, which isn't a thing - yet. At first, I wasn't sure what to think of this "possible future scenario", but I was so pulled in by the characters that I put that aside and kept reading anyway.

I have to say, that I more or less expected the ending right from the get go, so there were no big shockers for me. But it was well written, and the characters were true and compelling, which kept me flipping pages all the way through, but I did slow down a little at the end. And, well, maybe I didn't really feel a need to read the last couple of chapters.

The book did get me interested in doing some research on TB, and where that stands, and how possible this near future setting could be. If that's your cup of tea, and you like strong characters who may or not fall in love, then this book is for you.

4/5 Stars.


See more of my recent book reviews by clicking the following links:
Emmy and Oliver
Finding Audrey
The Girl at Midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment