Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My Latest Creation

I'll admit it: sometimes I like to craft.

So here are a few pics of my latest creation: a bookmark shadowbox! It's no secret that I love books (reading and writing). And I happen to think it's pretty natural that I would then also love bookmarks. I've been collecting them for a while. It finally got to the point where I decided I should try to do something with them - and I can't read that many books at once. So I decided to do this:


I think it turned out pretty stellar. (I love that word: stellar)

Of course, I couldn't find my pins, so the bookmarks are just thrown in there haphazardly for the moment. But I plan to rearrange them soon once those pesky pins make their appearance. 

It was pretty simple. If you want to make one, here's what you need: a shadowbox, adhesive fabric, cotton batting, bookmarks, and of course, pins. The picture below shows my raw materials. 


The only thing I wish I would have done differently is buy a bigger box!

No comments:

Post a Comment